60% of the ozone layer has been lost in 50 years
70% of the world’s original forests have been eliminated
Today, average eight-year-olds are better able to identify cartoon characters than native species, such as beetles and oak trees, in their own community.
“The truth is: the natural world is changing. And we are totally dependent on that world. It provides our food, water and air. It is the most precious thing we have and we need to defend it.”—David Attenborough
Cherishing Our Planet
What We Do
Care and respect for the earth and the diversity of species which inhabit our planet is foundational to all we do. Living Ways increases awareness of our natural world (particularly climate degradation) and provides practical guidance and opportunities to support effective actions (i.e. protecting wildlife and planting indigenous trees and plants). As an organization, we do our best to infuse all aspects of our operations with the principles of sustainability. The majority of our educational events are focused on respect for and fostering the well-being of nature and our planet.
- From inception in 2013 we’ve committed to supporting sustainable practices such as hosting green events (minimizing waste and promoting sustainable actions), buying 100 per cent post-consumer recycled and/or FSC-certified, and processed chlorine free products and recycling all materials
- Coordinated and hosted educational events focused on wellness of the planet with indigenous elders in 2014 - 2018
- Coordinated and hosted nature gatherings spring and summer of 2014 for children of the 4 H Club
- Organized educational events and a documentary screening "Call of the Forest: The Forgotten Wisdom of Trees" addressing climate change with key note speaker scientist Dr. Diana Beresford-Kroeger in Toronto and Cobourg, ON in October 2019
- Creating partnerships with individuals, local and provincial organizations concerned with and acting on climate change
How You Can Help
Pledge to plant one native tree each year for six years to help save our planet.
Make a financial donation supporting Living Ways to continue educational events which focus on nature and wellness of our planet. Donate Now
If you have video, web design or technology experience and called to assist a non-profit we’d love to hear from you. Volunteer Here